Saturday 4/18/21 tentative
All riders will start at high noon in waves to comply with COVID rules. We will score the following:
About 15 miles 3 laps. Mostly flat with one climb to the finish. It is a really a beautiful little loop, probably one of the most scenic gravel courses anywhere. Miles of treelined ditchroads. About 1/4 will be tarmac. Road surface is pretty firm and smooth. I am plannning on running 32mm tubular tires.
No entry fee as it is an informal non-permitted event, but there will be a suggested donation of: adults $20. U23 $10, Juniors $0, or whatever you can afford.
We will use Google Forms for registration. It does not cost anything to preregister. Full registration info coming.
Race wil not be USAC sanctioned
Online Registration (coming)
List of Registered Riders (coming)
Just north of the the entrance of UNM Valencia Campus in Tome there is a road called Chacon, take this eastish to Dehaan Loop, go left about 1/4mi to where the pavement goes left and the road continues straight on dirt. Continue straight on the dirt about another 1/4 mil up the hill and park after the finish.
Though in NM this will be insured through Insurance for Texans (go figure). USAC licenses, annual or one day, are not required. Helmets are required.
We will run these rain or shine, but promoter reserves the right to cancel or move the course in the event of severe inclement weather or other issues.
Contact: Hawke Morgan at 505.259.6885 call or text. Email: email@example.com
This is the tentative COVID specific plan for the time being revised 10/15/20:
1. Do not gather in groups of more than 10 at any point.
2. Start in small waves of no more than 10 riders. Waves will be about 75ft apart. In the very unlikely event that riders catching from a later wave catch riders from an earlier wave and the the combined number of these riders coming together makes over five riders, we ask that they keep their groups separate, so that at no time do we have a group of over five riders together.
3. Start wave assignments will be based on series points or past finishing positions. Start wave assignments going to be posted Saturday evening. I will post signs for each wave to line up.
4. All riders must start in masks. I have no way of controling what riders do while they are out alone in the woods. but riders should be advised that the state has mandated that masks be worn at all times outside of the home. If riders remove their masks they are at risk of fines by the state.
5. I will work on should try to designing courses with minimal zigzaging so that riders do not pass by other riders in two-way sections. I will make the zigzags nice and wide where they are used. I will also try to put difficult sections earlier in the course than normal, to break the riders up sooner. This is not normal CX course design.
6. Riders should wear masks when interacting with other riders or the promoters before or after the race.
7. Obviously if you feel sick or have any COVID symptoms, or feel that you may have been exposed to someone sick, stay home for a week or two.
8. No awards ceremony. I will post results to this site hopefully the next day. We might do some small prizes which I will hand out afterwards.
9. Signup online if at all possible. If you have to sign up a the race, wear a mask.