Sunday 7/11/21 9AM
All riders will start in waves to comply with COVID rules.
We will start west of Tajique go down through the village of Tajique, over to Torreon, around the forest service road over the pass, past Fourth of July, and back down to the finish west of Tajique. Then we will do it again for a second lap. Really some amazing roads if you have never been there.
BCD Racing Course Marking Conventions
Intersections will be marked with triangular yellow arrows.
Always default to the more trafficked trail or road. If you are on a major trail or road, stay on it, and do not get off on any smaller intersecting trails/roads. It is not always possible to mark every possible little trail intersecting a main trail or road. If the course DOES get off a more trafficked road/trail onto a less trafficked road/trail, there will always be some marking indicating this.
No entry fee as it is an informal non-permitted event, but there will be a suggested donation of: adults $20. U23 $10, Juniors $0, or whatever you can afford.
There will ba a 15 rider minimum which must be reached by 8AM Friday 4/30/21, or we may cancel. Check here or on the Hawke Races FB page to make sure we are on.
We will use Google Forms for registration. It does not cost anything to preregister.
Race will not be USAC sanctioned
To minimize contact please print this form at home and fill it out for the first race you do. you only need to fill out one form per year. It you filled one at Endless Sky or anything else after 2/25/21 you are done and will not need another form until March 2022.
Online Registration coming
List of Registered Riders coming
Online Donations coming
Start will be somewhere TBD a few miles west of Tajique.
Not USAC and USAC licenses, annual or one day, are not required. Helmets are required. Aside from unrestricted feeding of riders, and allowing spare wheels and technical support at the start finish, this race will be run under USAC MTB race rules.
We will run these rain or shine, but promoter reserves the right to cancel or move the course in the event of severe inclement weather or other issues.
Contact: Hawke Morgan at 505.259.6885 call or text. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the tentative COVID specific plan for the time being revised 10/15/20:
1. Do not gather in groups of more than 10 at any point.
2. Start in small waves of no more than 10 riders. Waves will be about 75ft apart. In the very unlikely event that riders catching from a later wave catch riders from an earlier wave and the the combined number of these riders coming together makes over five riders, we ask that they keep their groups separate, so that at no time do we have a group of over five riders together.
3. Start wave assignments will be based on series points or past finishing positions. Start wave assignments going to be posted Saturday evening. I will post signs for each wave to line up.
4. All riders must start in masks. I have no way of controling what riders do while they are out alone in the woods. but riders should be advised that the state has mandated that masks be worn at all times outside of the home. If riders remove their masks they are at risk of fines by the state.
5. I will work on should try to designing courses with minimal zigzaging so that riders do not pass by other riders in two-way sections. I will make the zigzags nice and wide where they are used. I will also try to put difficult sections earlier in the course than normal, to break the riders up sooner. This is not normal CX course design.
6. Riders should wear masks when interacting with other riders or the promoters before or after the race.
7. Obviously if you feel sick or have any COVID symptoms, or feel that you may have been exposed to someone sick, stay home for a week or two.
8. No awards ceremony. I will post results to this site hopefully the next day. We might do some small prizes which I will hand out afterwards.
9. Signup online if at all possible. If you have to sign up a the race, wear a mask.